Saturday 23 May 2015

Savoury Prawns in Chili & Ketchup sauce

My family loves seafood and one of the most common shellfish is prawn. Thus I have been trying various way to cook shrimps or prawns. I have cooked this recipe for my husband and he kinda likes it because of the sauce. Well my husband is the only person who doesn't fancy seafood. Maybe it's because of his cholesterol. Ah who cares. My parents and my brothers love seafood. So it can be quite a challenge to prepare different method of the same ingredient. Of course there are hits and there are misses. This one is a hit. Serve it hot with a bowl of steamed rice. Heavenly!!!

My recipe is based on my agar-ration (estimation).


Ingredients 

600g of glass prawns 
4 to 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
3 tbsp of tomato ketchup (Hunts brand)
3 tbsp of garlic chili sauce (Sinsin brand)
*1 tsp of lychee chili sauce (a new twist)
A handful of cherry tomatoes
2 eggs
Coriander, for garnish (which I don't have on hand today)

Method

1. De-shell and de-vein the prawns. Wash and set them aside.
2. Wash the cherry tomatoes & quarter them. Set aside.
3. In a pan, heat up the oil and stir fry the chopped garlic.
4. Add in the prawns and toss them for two minutes (depends on the size of the prawns).
5. Toss in the cherry tomatoes and stir.
6. Add in the sauces and mix the prawns well in the sauce.
7. Beat 2 eggs and pour them over the prawns. Do not stir*. Once the sauce is bubbling, turn off the heat and cover the pan with its lid.
8. Once the eggs have solidify, dish it up and serve it hot. 
9. Garnish it with coriander.

*I learnt it the hard way. I have stirred and the eggs disappeared into the sauce. So if you want those eggs lingering around, DO NOT stir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment