Wednesday 12 August 2015

Refreshing Capsicums & Black Fungus with Shrimps

It's been a while since I cooked and also post something on my blog.

While I was at the supermarket, I was thinking of cooking something new and I saw the "traffic lights" (red, yellow & green) capsicums/bell peppers.

I happily came home with the bell peppers, not knowing how best to cook them. Luckily for me, there was my precious black fungus. So I thought perhaps I can try using it. And being the usual lazy me, I added the prawns I bought earlier. This will reduce the hassle of perparing another dish. Hehe...




Ingredients 
3 halves of the traffic lights capsicums each
2 handfuls of dried black fungus
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
9 de shelled & deveined glass prawns
2 tbsp oyster sauce
A dash of hua tiao shaoxing wine
A dash of pepper
2 tsp cornflour with a tbsp water

Directions
1. Soak the black fungus in water for them to pump up and set aside.
2. De seed the bell peppers and silver them. Set aside.
3. Heat the wok with a tbsp oil, add in the garlic. 
4. Once the garlic is fragrant, add in the shrimps. Stir fry for a few seconds.
5. Add in the silvered capsicums and the pump up black fungus. Stir fry.
6. Add in the oyster sauce & hua tiao shaoxing and make sure that the sauce coats al the ingredients in the wok. Add a dash of pepper in. *I added half a bowl of water and close the lid for a few seconds.
7. When the prawns are almost done, add in the cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce.
8. Stir well and dish up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment