Friday 22 January 2016

My Colourful Aglio Olio

Nowadays I tried to wake up early in the morning to prepare lunch for work. So being a working wife, I need to ensure we get all the nutrients from what we eat. Most of the time, we eat out and I do not know what seasoning they add and the food - are they fresh??? So I decided to prepare lunch at least twice a week on weekdays.

Last evening, I saw my friend prepared aglio olio for her family, so I was hmm...I have pasta at home and I have some seafood as well. So I might as well cook this for lunch tomorrow.

Easy to prepare and well all the ingredients use are packed with their respective nutrients.


Ingredients
Pasta
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 chili padi, finely sliced and deseeded
Olive oil
3 - 4 anchovies
Cod fish fillet, skin removed
Prawns, deveined & deshelled
Scallops
Cherry Tomatoes
Broccoli Florets

Method
1. Boil water for pasta. Cook the pasta til al dente. Drain and set aside.
*Note: I cooked my pasta the night before. Make sure it is undercooked & do not rinse the pasta. Drain the water and allow it to dry. Keep it in a air tight container and put it in the fridge. The next morning, I boil a pot of water with salt and place the pasta in for it to warm up and cook to the doneness you prefer.
2. Remove the pasta from the pot of water. Using the same pot of water (heat off), add in the broccoli florets.
3. Heat a pan with olive oil, sautee the garlic till fragrant.
4. Add in chili padi and anchovies. Saute the anchovies till somehow they melt.
5. Using low heat, add in the prawns and scallops. Allow it to cook.
6. Once the prawn and scallops are almost cooked, add in the al dente pasta, cherry tomatoes and broccoli florets into the pan. Add olive oil, as desired. Combine well.
8. Plate it up and set aside.
9. Season the cod with pepper and salt. Pan fry it for about 6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
10. Flake the cod and combine with the rest of the ingredients.

There you have it, a sumptuous meal that is easy to prep. Garnish with parmesan cheese and chili flakes and even chopped Italian parsley, which apparently I don't have any of the three.

No comments:

Post a Comment